In Oil & Gas, Vallourec offers a wide range of premium tubular solutions as drill pipes, risers, line-pipes and offshore structures, delivering products to the most demanding and critical fields in China such as Tarim basin (deep wells with critically geological conditions), Sichuan basin (extreme drilling conditions wells with high content of H2S and geological difficulties) as well as Bohai and Nanhai Seas (performance products for drilling deep water wells and complex extended reach wells).
MEA Region (Middle East Asia) is a cornerstone in the Vallourec footprint. China especially plays an important role with the rolling capacity in Chuzhou Tianda and the premium threading capacity in Changzhou (VAM CZ).
The VIE Process Engineer will be a key resource who will allow to start key performance project and staff up the method team. The site includes 300 peoples.
- Follow the performance action plan
- In charge of some operational objective described in the plan above
- Cycle time reduction -12%
- Line balancing to have all other processes at standard cycle time -10%
- Support the other objectives of the plan (preventive maintenance, local adviser training plan, Industrial Premium Standard implementation, E-learning deployment) by being a privileged link between the local organization and the experts.
- Follow new product industrialization by implementing the Industrialization procedure.
- Set-up a local management of the benchmark process (Community portal dashboard, newsletter posting ...)
- Support VAM TCC for Line 4 revamping projects: Key equipment FAT and SAT (lathe revamping, threading table).
The VIE Process Engineer is supervised by the plant manager and will be working directly with the method manager and the maintenance manager. He will have a close relationship with the benchmark leader from Process Community Threading and focal points in China and Europe.
- Lean Concepts thinking.
- Passion for Techniques.
- People person.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, hard worker and autonomous.
- Pro-active spirit.
- Internship in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is mandatory.
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/ manufacturing, Industrial, Metallurgical)
- Background of CNC programming and cutting tools design are recommended in order to achieve the threading cost reduction.